Last weekend, Lindsey (Debi's friend) invited us to go with them up to her boyfriend, Preston's cabin in the Uintas just north of Mirror Lake. He had one of the sweetest cabins I've seen. It was super legit and complete with a wood furnace, hot water and of course loads of dead animals on the walls. It was a really cool place. During the winter months, it is only accesible by snowmobile. Apparently Preston's family owns something like 7 snowmobiles so we scored the jackpot. We went up after work on Friday night and rode into the cabin and spent the evening warming ourselves by the stove and drinking hot chocolate and then watched "Nights in Rodanthe" which none of us made it through without falling asleep.
The next morning we lounged around and made eggo waffles and french toast sticks (Breakfast of Champions. Wheaties are so over-rated) and then finished the movie. Then the highlight of the trip began. We all got on our own snowmobiles and rode all over the place. We got out onto the highway where we could just fly down the roads. I think at one point we were going about 50-55 mph. It was so cool. I had never been snowmobiling before but it felt so natural. Although Debi was the real pro.
Well, at the end of the day and after tackling Debi in the snow we drove back to the cabin and I collapsed. I was so tired after having to dig a few of the snowmobiles out of some sticky situations. It was a lot of work but well worth it. I'd love to rent some sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment