Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sweetest boots this side of the Alps

Jason and I decided to sluff work last Monday to take advantage of the 16" of freshies that had fallen overnight. The snow was incredible. Our day started with a run down the Cirque where I heard Jason giggling like a like schoolboy. I've never heard the kid so happy. The way the snow collects there is just prime and results in greater overall accumulations. I'd say it was somewhere in the ballpark of 2' deep. The whole day was amazing. We were all over the entire mountain. We hit first tracks down Mineral Basin, followed by a short hike up High Baldy and then on to Road to Provo and Little Cloud bowl. Everywhere was so great.

Jason was also super excited to showcase his sweet rear-entry ski boots circa 1968. Notice the vintage sunbleached casing detailed with light pink and baby blue racing stripes. Garaunteed to encite envy in the hearts of onlookers and snowbunnies alike.

No comments: