Monday, June 14, 2010

Garden Acres

Here is the middle of June and we finally got our garden in. In my defense we had to cut the grass out with a shovel by hand, which took a good long while. Although, I think it took 4 times as long to just decide what materials we wanted it made of. I feel so domesticated. 
We're going to try our luck with some cantaloupe, tomatoes, carrots, etc. 
There are a ton of quail in our neighborhood. One family of them live in the pine tree in our front yard and lately we've been seeing about 9 little babies wandering around our yard. They seem to overestimate their jumping abilities though because twice now they have jumped into our basement window wells. It's only about  a foot deep but it seems to be a little much for them. They're pretty cute but I hate that they keep jumping in there. I'd hate to see a cat get them if they get stuck while we're not around. 

No comments: